Friday, October 25, 2013

Photo of the day 25-10-13

I was surprised to see a graffiti on the side of the train yesterday, and then surprised again when I got on the same car this morning. I like the tag, nice colors and a great shooting-star thing going on. Not sure what it means, but there was an official looking sticker on top of it near the doors. Google translated it as 
Vandalism is registered
Rectified soon.
I wonder if there are cities in the US that have something similar (notifications that they know about the vandalism). I am also curious to know how long it will take them to clear it up. I am thinking of the 'broken windows theory' used to deal with graffiti in NYC subways in the late 80's. 

Jon and I both commented early on that there was more graffiti  than we were expecting. And more so, it is in places we were not expecting. We noticed it on nicer looking buildings, beautiful brick staircases, and lovely neighborhoods. It was a little strange, but then again it's less evident now. Maybe it doesn't really mean much here? We will ask around and find out. 


Yesterday

This morning

1 comment:

  1. that's actually some badass graffiti, I almost don't want them to take it down, as much as graffiti usually annoys me

    ReplyDelete