Saturday, February 15, 2014

Winter Vacation Day 4 - Paris

Day 1 in Paris

In the Metro on the way to CPH airport

Breakfast in Paris

Avenue du Maine

Ha!


Our Paris apartment thanks to AirBnB

The view outside to Avenue du Maine


Pont des Arts, the bridge near the Louvre covered in padlocks

Locks

Did I mention there are locks?


Locks even on the top of the light-pole

Photo

Meta-photo

The line to get tickets to the Louvre, sorry, half of the line...

Here is the other half of the line. Likely 3 hours long

Luckily we bought tickets ahead of time (only a 1/2 hour wait)

Inside the Louvre, looking out from the pyramid

Weird statue in the pyramid




With so many people, it's impressive we got a clean shot

Ah, that's better

We have the same hair, no?


I think this is the original for a replica in a fountain in Kongens Have (the park near us in Copenhagen)

Famous philosophers - the beard makes the man

Something for Jon to aspire to..


High-five!


We're assuming the H is for Hytowitz

Amazing ceiling in the Galerie d'Apollon

It was an amazing room, everything was ornate, and included a small collection of crowns


Leading the tour... 

Ah, finally, the infamous Mona Lisa

Ahhhhhh

Oh the traffic on Dec. 30 outside the Louvre

Beautiful at night

I think the weird statue is also prettier at night

The point



Really strange to walk out of a museum and into a mall, and see a giant Apple logo/store

Louvre

Arc outside the Louvre

La Seine

Back on the Pont des Arts


We found a great little cafe for dinner. I love Parisian cafes, they are unlike any other cafes. Have a beer, wine, a coffee or anything else. Such a great environment


Walking back through the lit-up streets

1 comment:

  1. Aw man now I want to go to Paris! And Wyatt and Hilary totally put a lock there when they got engaged!

    ReplyDelete