We slept really well, and woke up to sunshine. We went for a delicious breakfast nearby (see picture below). It is near our soon-to-be apartment, which is great because there is wifi and a great window for people watching. I'll say this again for dinner - the food was really really good. The description was simple, but the sandwich I had came with some good sauces and surprising veggies.
After breakfast we walked to the Danish-American Fulbright Commission. We were introduced to everyone and went through a brief orientation. Afterward one woman took us to the local bank to get a bank account, always helpful :)
We walked back from the Commission through a couple nearby parks. The first had a botanical garden and a beautiful lake (I can't find the name, but I'll keep looking for it). The next is called the King's Garden. We didn't know at the time, but apparently the large beautiful building is a royal castle next to some barracks, which is why it was guarded by a large guy holding a gun (we were about to walk in and thought better of it). There were so many people eating and enjoying the gardens, along with a bunch of school kids - not sure if they were there as part of a school trip or just hanging out. Lots of fun.
Later for dinner we went to a local place called Cafe Leo. Even though it was a little chilly and drizzling, we still sat outside. According to some advice / reading on the internet, Danes like to sit outside even in the colder months drinking beer. Most places we see have blankets on every chair so you can sit in the cold and still enjoy the great outdoors. I can't say we will continue to sit outside into the winter, but who knows. The soup I had was also surprisingly delicious, not sure what was in it, but would definitely eat it again. We also discovered we like Classic Tuborg beer over Grøn Tuborg (what the waiter called regular). Tomorrow, we venture to Ikea and I head to school!
Breakfast of one open and one closed sandwich. Surprisingly delicious
Below: photos of the King's Garden/Rosenborg Castle Garden and the park next to it with some botanical gardens (unsure of the name at the moment)
Some nicely groomed trees and high fiving Hans Christian Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment