There is a 349th birthday celebration this Sunday, I am very much looking forward to the festivities (including a cannon according to their website).
Outside the fortress, near the water at the bottom of the photo above, sits the Little Mermaid statue. It is one of the more well-known attractions in Copenhagen, even found on some of the stamps I purchased. Jon and I didn't want to wait for all the tourists to clear before taking a photo, luckily he was able to skillfully hide the person behind me in the photo.
Rampart to the left, moat to the right
Sunset from the rampart
Thanks iPhone panorama
Probably one of my favorite photos of Jon
Military buildings and Jon
Walkway leading to the fortress
Jon and the Angel of Peace. I cannot seem to find information on the angel, other than it's a war memorial - next time we go I'll be sure to write down some more info.
Me and the Mermaid (also check out the smoke stacks and wind turbines in the background!)
Jon contemplating by the water (contemplating how long we should wait for the tourists to leave before taking a photo of the mermaid)

that is the coolest angel statue. and awesome photos :)!
ReplyDelete