Breakfast at a local cafe called Lækkerier
Yum!
Walking tour around a different part of CPH. Dad asks, "What's that building?" I reply, "I have no clue." Hence the pose.
Walking to Christianshavn with Børsen in the background, from Wikipedia:
"Børsen is a building on Slotsholmen in central Copenhagen, Denmark. It was built by Christian IV in 1619–1640 and is the oldest stock exchange in Denmark. It is known especially for its Dragon Spire shaped as the tails of four dragons twined together, reaching a height of 56 metres."
A canal on the way
Christianshavn
Walking along the ramparts
We walked to Islands Brygge, home of the Adobe office.
Copenhagen lock bridge, not quite as many locks as Paris
Walking to Carlsberg Brewery
Guarding the beer?
Inside the Carlsberg complex
Gamle Carlsberg = Old Carlsberg
Neat park/obstacle course near the brewery, complete with hanging car. We will have to come back during summer.
They have the largest (I think) collection of unopened beer in the world. Fun to look through the aisles.
Carlsberg in many languages
Carlsberg in Hebrew
One of the original bottles
"Brewer's Star"
Hanging out with a recreation of a brewer in the mess hall
Horses still used for delivering beer
Wagons, shovel for shoveling horse leftovers in the street
One of two free beers (per person)
Malt varieties
Beer bike with Carlsberg on tap
Taking the bus home on a rainy night
Last dinner in CPH

omigosh I want a park/obstacle course
ReplyDeleteThis is the place: Klatreskoven http://klatreskoven.dk/ (I translate with Google Translate, apparently it's a "climbing forest") They open March 22 - maybe we will go and test our climbing abilities.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete