I have to give a very hearty thanks to the best husband in the world. Jon met me at around 27 kilometers and at that point I basically decided I was doing poorly enough to walk the rest and just barely make it under the cutoff. I don't think I would have been able to finish unless Jon had biked and walked along side me as I completed the race. He kept me entertained the whole time and stayed with me until the last few meters. Did I mention this was all in the pouring rain? It was so uncomfortable and the rain never let up. Having biked after, I have to say it was worse biking than running. So in conclusion, Jon is the best.
My proposed hair style - I went for the only Americana thing I could find, red bandana = Rosie the Riveter
Crazy marathon nails - not bad for a first try
Pre-race expo
Neat wall of names
Me!
Inside, not quite as big as the Phoenix marathon
My outfit
Sparkly blue 'stars' and stripes
Marathon start from the office
So many colors
We can do it!
Wait, how far is the race?
Right before I decided to walk (hence the smiling)
My friend took this photo during the race - notice Jon on his bike. Not sure if it's obvious, it was pouring rain. Walking was the best decision, unlike everyone around me, I was still happy. Yay for sucky weather and long runs.
Finished! Slowest marathon ever, but who cares, I have a medal!











Love your marathon nails!!!
ReplyDelete